Saturday, March 23, 2013

Misae shawl

Alexandra released her newest shawl design today. I was lucky enough to test knit it for her. It was such a fun knit, never boring, because of the color changes, and also the stitch pattern changes. It's well written. The only thing I find hard, when knitting Alexandra's patterns is coming up with a color combo, and not copying her. I LOVE her color choices, and hardly ever can one improve on that. She must like the same colors as I do. :o)

test knit-Misae shawl

So, here's Misae! I know, I know, my color choice seems to remind a bit of Christmas, but I really love the colors together, so there, I don't care. Besides, I have enough shawls to wear throughout the year, so I can wear this around Christmas time, if I want to. ;o) I came up with several color combos for this shawl, but this one won, because just looking at it relaxed me, and made me smile.

test knit-Misae shawl

Argh, there are so many white dog hairs on it. I was blocking it in the dining room, and many inquiring doggy noses came by to see if I did a good job, and they were shedding all over it. Sigh.

test knit-Misae shawl

test knit-Misae shawl

test knit-Misae shawl

test knit-Misae shawl

test knit-Misae shawl

pattern: Misae by Alexandra Wiedmayer

yarn: Patons Kroy socks (black), Spritely Goods Naiad - Absinthe (green), The Copper Corgi Fiber Studio - Bloody 'hell (red)

size: 92" x 24" or 233cm x 60cm

♥ ♥ ♥


19 comments:

momsue84 said...

WOW! That is one gorgeous shawl! I love the colors and see what you mean about not attempting colors different that what the pattern calls for. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The colors do not immediately bring to mind Christmas. I see many varieties of chili peppers! Absolutely lovely! You should definitely wear this year round.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! You've made me want to knit it. I already have one skein of the M.T so that must be a sign, lol.
~Dawn

Herta Haunschmid /quer durchs leben said...

Liebe Monika,

daist dir wieder ein schönes Stück gelungen....Farbe und Muster gefallen mir sehr gut.

Grüße aus Freistadt
Herta

Jen said...

Monika, this shawl is so beautiful, such artistry in your knitting (and displaying) it ! You know, I do the very same thing, want constantly to put deep reds and mossy greens together, and constantly I'm telling myself 'do not want Christmas here now' and well, its just funny, because you have pulled it off... and I didn't even get the slightest Christmasy feel from it. I think Christmas is certain shades of red and green... no worries there, you pulled your colorway off perfectly. Nice Nice Nice !!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Neat! I actually think of hot peppers when I see it, not Christmas.

Zenitude said...

Very beautiful, i love the different stitch patterns throughout. It makes a very textured and interesting shawl.

Marita said...

Der schaut super toll aus, die Farben passen wunderbar zusammen und die Muster gefallen mir sehr.

LG Marita

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! Maybe not as Christmasy as you think. The green is not evergreen and the red leans toward orange. Anonymous said it well -- more South West chili peppers.

schäfchen silvia said...

Dein Schal gefällt mir sehr gut, Tolles Farbspiel.

Walden said...

It is very lovely and striking!

San @ Made in Hem said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the colors together! ♥
I think I 'need' to knit this one up too, there goes my yarn-diet once again... :)

Rhonda said...

WOW!!! absolutely gorgeous and the colours are perfect.

Sharon said...

I love the color changes and the stitch changes. I may have to make one myself.

monica said...

Lovely shawl! I don't think the colors are as Christmas-y as you think. You should be able to wear it whenever you want!

Lorraine said...

Monika- Did it pass the doggy test? Green and red are complimentary, and with the dark colour added, it looks beautiful/

2paw said...

I love the green and orange and then the dark colour. I also love that wavy stitch. IT's beautiful!!

Knatolee said...

Spectacular in every way. I adore the colour combo!

Anonymous said...

I have always thought green and red were a very comforting combination. Doesn't look like Christmas at all in this version. Your blog will be missed. Chloe