Friday, March 08, 2013

Handspun Friday - SAL yarn-Sweet Wine

For the Extreme Plying SAL at Southern Cross Fiber group on Ravelry (which runs until the end of April) I made this yarn.
First the fiber: Sweet Wine, Corriedale, 3.9oz

SCF club February 2013-Corriedale-110gr-Sweet Wine

I devided Sweet Wine into halfs, and added 2oz Polwarth from SCF FAll/Winter 2012/2013 semi solids pack in pink.

SCF-Sweet Wine-Corriedale-plus 2oz Polwarth in SCF semi solid from Winter 2012 collection

I spun and chain plied each bump.

SCF-Sweet Wine-Corriedale-plus 2oz Polwarth in SCF semi solid from Winter 2012 collection-3x chain ply plied together

And then I 3-plied them together.

SCF-Sweet Wine-Corriedale-plus 2oz Polwarth in SCF semi solid from Winter 2012/2013 collection-3 chain plies 3-plied together-130yds

SCF-Sweet Wine-Corriedale-plus 2oz Polwarth in SCF semi solid from Winter 2012/2013 collection-3 chain plies 3-plied together-130yds

SCF-Sweet Wine-Corriedale-plus 2oz Polwarth in SCF semi solid from Winter 2012/2013 collection-3 chain plies 3-plied together-130yds

I've got 130yds of it. Then I had some left over of Sweet Wine, and the pink one. I chain plied it again and got 5yds of the green one, and 8yds of the pink one.

left over-green 5yds-pink 8yds-double chain plied

I really like how the double chain plied yarn looks. The green one reminds me of Pesto. Yum!

Last night it snowed again, but at the same time it's warm and thawing. I'm off to go outside with the pups to enjoy the snow as long as it lasts.

♥ ♥ ♥


4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful!

I don't want to hear about snow... I'm already thinking about planting roses!

Unknown said...

it's gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

Monika- Fabulous spinning!

Sharon said...

Love the color, reminds me of cotton candy and springtime.